Mark A. Stiebel
Mark Stiebel has a background in accounting and a Master of Laws Degree in Taxation, credentials that have served him well in his nearly three decades of law practice. Mark concentrates his practice in the areas of family and closely-held businesses, employee benefits, estate planning and administration and a wide range of tax matters. He is a frequent lecturer on employee benefits and estate planning, and has served as an expert witness regarding a variety of tax issues. His breadth and depth of experience in both law and accounting offer him a unique perspective on the issues that are important to his clients.
Mark formed Stiebel Law Firm, LLC in 2018 after almost thirty years of practice in other firms, including over two decades as a partner in his previous firms. He enjoys being able to focus on client service, and his approach to practice is informed by The Four Agreements, principles from a book of the same name by Don Miguel Ruiz: Be impeccable with your word. Don't take anything personally. Don't make assumptions. Always do your best.
What this boils down to is a practice philosophy that is at once relaxed, efficient, and committed to excellence; as Mark likes to say, "we take our practice seriously, but not ourselves." Writing in plain English, not "legalese," is a priority for Mark; so is being available to take client calls. He likes to keep things simple so that he can focus on what is really important: giving his clients the best possible representation and service in the most cost-effective way. He truly enjoys his work, and wants working with him to be an equally positive experience for his clients. In the end, Mark believes, if you do what's best for the client, everything else follows from that.
- University of Florida, College of Law, LL.M. Taxation, 1983
- University of Cincinnati, College of Law, J.D., 1980
- University of Cincinnati, College of Business Administration, B.B.A., 1977 (summa cum laude)
- Walnut Hills High School, Diploma, 1973, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Ohio, 1980
- United States District Court—Southern District of Ohio 1980
- United States Tax Court, 1984
- Kentucky, 2008
- Cincinnati, Ohio, and Kentucky Bar Associations
- Ohio Certified Public Accountant (inactive)
- Cincinnati Estate Planning Council
- American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA)
- Great Lakes Tax Exempt and Governmental Entities Council
Honors and Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in America, 2019, Employee Benefits and Taxation
- Best Lawyers, Lawyer of the Year, 2015, Tax Law, Cincinnati
- Highest rating (AV) from the attorney and law firm rating service, Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized by Law & Politics Magazine as an Ohio Super Lawyer